Configuring your Register.com domain
If you have a domain that you bought through Register.com, you can use it to publish your Yola website by following the instructions below. Please note: you will need to upgrade to Yola Bronze, Yola Silver or be a part of one of our partner programs in order to publish to a domain pointing to Yola. You can also transfer your domain to Yola.
1. Login to your account on register.com by clicking on "Your Account" on the menu toolbar.
2. Once you've logged in, you should be on the "Manage account" page.
3. Click on your domain to configure it.
4. On the next page, scroll right to the bottom. Under "Advanced Technical Settings", click on "Edit IP Address Records" next to the "A".
5. You can now edit your A records. You will want to set the A record for both * and @ (@ might be blank in the textbox). Update both values to: 184.108.40.206. Once you are satisfied that the records are correctly updated, click 'Continue' to apply the changes.
6. Register.com will now ask you to confirm your changes. Make sure that everything looks right. It should look like:
* points to 220.127.116.11
@ points to 18.104.22.168
7. If you are happy with these details, click "Continue"
8. Your domain should now point to Yola. You can test if this has worked by typing your domain into your browser. If all has worked correctly you should end up on a placeholder page. Don't be too worried if this is not the case, bear in mind that DNS changes, like you have just made, can take up to 48 hours to propagate through the internet.
9. Once you have configured your DNS settings, follow these steps:
- Click the green "Publish to the web" button in Yola.
- In the "Already own a domain?" section, click on "Point your domain now".
- Enter your domain name. If the domain is correctly set up, it will say "Congratulations. Your domain is pointed!". If your domain is not correctly configured, it will say "Sorry. This domain is not pointed correctly". You will need to go back to your domain registrar and double-check your settings.
- Click on the "Next" button to publish your domain.
- Go to your My Yola page.
- Click on "Domains".
- Under "Add a domain you already own", select "Want to keep your domain registered with another registrar?"
- Type your domain name into the required field, and select the site you'd like to use it with.
- Click "Add".
- Follow the steps provided.
- To make sure that your .yolasite.com address is not the primary domain, follow the steps on this link: My domain is redirecting to my Yolasite subdomain.