Configuring your GoDaddy domain
If you purchased a domain from GoDaddy, you can set up domain pointing in the DNS, to use it on your Yola site. Follow the instructions below.
Please note: This feature is available to the paid Yola hosting packages, Yola Bronze, Yola Silver or Yola Gold and our partner programs. If you are a Yola Free subscriber, you will have to upgrade to one of the paid packages. Please see the Yola Pricing page for more infomation.
If you have a .com, .biz, .net or .org domain, you can also transfer your domain to Yola. This will allow you to manage your domains and website in one account.
Setting up your domain's DNS in GoDaddy:
1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
2. Hover on your name and click on "Visit My Account", from the drop-down list.
3. Click on "Launch" next to Domains in the "Products" tab.
4. Go to Domains > DNS > DNS Manager.
5. Click on the DNS Zone FIle tab. Then click on "Edit".
6. Change the DNS Zones as follows :
- Under the "A (Host)" section, hover over "@" and click on the pencil icon to edit the existing record. In "Points to", change the IP address to 22.214.171.124.
- Scroll to "CName (Alias). Click on "Quick Add". In "Host", add www. In "Points to", add @. TTL is 1 hour.
7. Click on Save Zone File at the top of the screen.
Please note : The domain pointing process can take 24 - 48 hours to complete before you are able to use it on your Yola website. You may see that your website's URL displays a Yola placeholder page. If you try to publish your site, however, it may say that it is not pointing. This is because the process is not yet complete and you should wait a while longer for it to finish.
Publishing your Yola site to your GoDaddy domain
1. Once you have configured your DNS settings, follow these steps to publish your site :
- In Yola, open your site in the Sitebuilder.
- Click on "Publish".
- Under "Already own a domain?" , click on "Point your domain now".
- Enter your domain name. If the domain is pointing to Yola correctly set up, you will see the message, "Congratulations. Your domain is pointed!". If your domain is not correctly configured, you will see, "Sorry. This domain is not pointed correctly". If you see that it is not correctly pointing and you had set up your domain 48 hours or longer, go back to your GoDaddy account to make sure that the A Records are pointing to Yola's IP address (126.96.36.199).
- Click on the "Next" button to publish your domain.
2. If your site is already published to a yolasite.com subdomain or another domain you own, follow these steps:
- Go to My Yola.
- Click on "Domains".
- Under "Add a domain you already own", select "Want to keep your domain registered with another registrar?".
- Type your domain name into the required field.
- Select the site to which you would like to publish your domain.
- Click "Add".
- Follow the steps provided.
- You can set up the domain you would like to use as your primary domain. Follow the steps on this link to set up the primary domain : My domain is redirecting to my Yolasite subdomain.