Configuring domain bought from Netfirms
If you have a domain you bought from Netfirms and would like to use it to publish your site, follow the instructions below.
Please note: You will need to upgrade to a Yola Bronze, Yola Silver or Yola Gold account or be a part of one of our partner programs in order to publish to a domain pointing to Yola or transfer your domain to Yola.
For information and steps on how to point your domain purchased from Netfirms to Yola, please view this link on their Support page: How do I add or my domain A Record.
You will need to setup two A Records that point to Yola's IP address: 18.104.22.168
Once you have configured your domains settings, follow these steps in the Yola Sitebuilder:
- Click the "Publish to the web" button in the Sitebuilder.
- In the "Already own a domain?" section, click on "Point your domain now".
- Enter your domain name. If the domain is correctly set up, it will say "Congratulations. Your domain is pointed!". If your domain is not correctly configured, it will say "Sorry. This domain is not pointed correctly". You will need to go back to your domain registrar and double-check your settings.
- Click on the "Next" button to publish your domain.
If your site is already published to a subdomain, follow these steps:
- Go to your My Yola page.
- Click on "Domains".
- Under "Add a domain you already own", select "Want to keep your domain registered with another registrar?"
- Type your domain name into the required field, and select the site you'd like to use it with.
- Click "Add".
- Follow the steps provided.
- To make sure that your .yolasite.com address is not the primary domain, follow the steps on this link: My domain is redirecting to my Yolasite subdomain.