Product Manager - Yola
Location: San Francisco
Yola is looking for an experienced Product Manager to work at our San Francisco office. You will own the entire product lifecycle for multiple products and partnerships, continually applying a data driven design methodology to meet and exceed key business metrics and targets.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses outstanding business acumen, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in developing for the consumer internet.
You will work with other product managers, designers, and engineers to develop innovative, user- friendly products that fulfill Yola’s mission to help small businesses get online.
- Manage the entire product development lifecycle from strategic planning to requirements definition, implementation and optimization.
- Capture product ideas and needs from a diverse and geographically distributed range of sources such as partners, business development, marketing, engineering and customer support.
- Maintain a strong focus on key business metrics while delivering customer-centric product design.
- Continually pursue customer satisfaction and conversion metrics through usability studies and testing.
- Work with the Business Development team to support new and existing partnerships and third-party integrations.
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent project management skills including a proven ability to establish priorities, requirements and tradeoffs across multiple concurrent projects.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies. Experience in rapid prototyping and UI frameworks a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills: the ability to listen, convince and collaborate in a cross-functional environment.
- Techie cred. CS or similar degree or experience so you can talk to our engineers about Python, RESTful APIs, MapReduce jobs and cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Practical, hands-on attitude combined with a good sense of humor.
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) and a resume. Only applicants with both will be considered. Applicants with a portfolio url or pdf will be prioritized.
Yola, Inc. enables small businesses, non-profits and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than eight million users and is available in six different languages. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Apply for this position
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject like "Application for Product Manager".
Employment agencies need not contact us.