Senior User Experience Designer - Yola
Yola is looking for a seasoned User Experience Designer to work at our San Francisco office. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of outstanding conceptual design, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills. You will be responsible for all stages of design within a product area and must think strategically while executing with great attention to detail.
You will work with other designers, product managers, and engineers to develop innovative, user- friendly products that fulfill Yola’s mission to help small businesses get online.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in designing for mobile and the web.
- Lead the vision and design of a holistic user experience architecture for new and existing products.
- Maintain a strong focus on key business metrics while designing customer-centric workflows and experiences.
- Work with the visual design team to define and evolve an engaging style guide consistent with the company’s brand voice.
- Develop high level and/or detailed wireframes, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Work with product managers and engineering teams to deliver finished products.
- Continually pursue customer satisfaction and engagement through usability studies and testing.
- Proven knowledge of web application design trends, patterns, usability, and best practices.
- Outstanding usability and visual design skills.
- Ability to create simple and intuitive solutions to complex problems.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies. Experience in rapid prototyping and UI frameworks a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills: the ability to listen, convince and collaborate in a cross-functional environment.
- A degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, human factors or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience as a UX designer, information architect, visual designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role.
- Practical, hands-on attitude combined with a good sense of humor.
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) a resume, (iii) and url or pdf of your portfolio. Only applicants with all three will be considered.
Yola, Inc. enables small businesses, non-profits and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than 10 million users and is available in six different languages. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Apply for this position
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject like "Application for Senior User Experience Designer".
Employment agencies need not contact us.