Quality Assurance Engineer - Yola
Location: San Francisco
Yola is looking for a QA Engineer to work at our San Francisco office. QA engineers are members of the engineering team, but focus on the rigor of ensuring that harmful code, data and configuration does not go live.
Remuneration will be based on the candidate's skills and experience.
You will almost certainly have:
- A solid background in investigative software quality assurance testing, including the ability to integrate QA into projects from the design and planning phase
- A gift for expressing problems and debugging them
- Working experience with Linux servers
- Cross-browser testing experience
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Practical experience using Selenium or similar to automate regression testing
- An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
It would be useful if you had:
- Experience testing distributed software systems
- Experience in performance and stress testing scaled web applications
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- In conjunction with engineers and product people, design test strategy and acceptance criteria for releasable parts of code
- Test execution and automation
- Sign-off of the quality of builds before release
- Logging and communication of issues found during testing
- Debugging second level support issues
Yola, Inc. enables small businesses, non-profits and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than eight million users and is available in six different languages. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Apply for this position
To apply, contact email@example.com with a subject like "Application for QA Engineer in San Francisco" with a resume and cover letter introducing yourself. The cover letter is important. We want to know who you are and why you are interested.
Employment agencies need not contact us.