Web Application Engineer - Yola
Location: San Francisco
Remuneration will be based on the candidate's skills and experience, and Yola wants the best people out there.
You will almost certainly have:
- Extensive experience in at least one web programming language
- Experience developing websites for optimal performance
- Experience using multiple programming languages
- Practical experience and understanding of internet APIs
- A passion for maintainable systems and software
- An ability to innovate simply in the face of overwhelming complexity
- An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
It would be useful if you had:
- Experience with Python and any Python web frameworks such as Django or Pylons
- Working experience with Linux servers
- Experience benchmarking website performance
- Experience in tracking conversion and usability metrics in web flows
- An idea of what a chef recipe is and may even have created one
- Experience in cross-application transaction management
- Experience in scaling data, both relational and no-SQL
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- Development and maintenance of dynamic Django web applications
- Developing according to overarching usability and design guidelines
- Translation of high or low definition wireframes to release-ready code
- Inputting into test plans for the code you write
- Writing unit and integration tests for the code you write
- Ability to diagnose issues spanning multiple applications and servers and troubleshoot them
- Working effectively with product managers and designers, as well as brand managers and marketers
- Maintaining clean and effective tracking mechanisms for analytics frameworks
Yola, Inc. enables small businesses, non-profits and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than 10 million users and is available in six different languages. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Apply for this position
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject like "Application for Web Engineer position in San Francisco" with a resume and cover letter introducing yourself. The cover letter is important. We want to know who you are and why you are interested.
Employment agencies need not contact us.