Services Engineer - Yola
Yola is looking for a Services Engineer to work at our San Francisco office, or remotely. You will develop and maintain applications with RESTful APIs (primarily developed in Python Django) that participate in our service-oriented architecture.
Remuneration will be based on the candidate's skills and experience, and Yola wants the best people out there.
You will almost certainly have:
- Extensive experience in at least one back-end programming language
- Experience building and maintaining performant, secure, RESTful APIs, and an understanding of the front-end web technologies that communicate with them
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- An ability to innovate simply in the face of complexity
It would be useful if you had:
- Experience with Python web frameworks such as Django Rest Framework
- Experience with test-driven development
- Working experience with Linux servers
- Experience using multiple programming languages
- Experience benchmarking website performance
- An idea of what a chef recipe is and may even have created one
- Experience in cross-application transaction management
- Experience in scaling data, both relational and no-SQL
- An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- Development and maintenance of Django applications
- Writing unit and integration tests for the code you write
- Ability to diagnose issues spanning multiple applications and servers and troubleshoot them
- Work with the front-end engineers in the development of client libraries for the services
- Work with external partners and users of Yola APIs
Yola, Inc. enables small businesses, non-profits and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than 12 million users and is available in six different languages. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Cape Town, South Africa.
Apply for this position
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject like "Application for Services Engineer position" with a resume and cover letter introducing yourself. The cover letter is important. We want to know who you are and why you are interested.
Employment agencies need not contact us.