Web Application Engineer - Yola
Location: San Francisco
Remuneration will be based on the candidate's skills and experience, and Yola wants the best people out there.
You will almost certainly have:
- Extensive experience in at least one web programming language
- Experience developing websites for optimal performance
- Experience using multiple programming languages
- Practical experience and understanding of internet APIs
- A passion for maintainable systems and software
- An ability to innovate simply in the face of overwhelming complexity
- An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
It would be useful if you had:
- Experience with Python and any Python web frameworks such as Django or Pylons
- Working experience with Linux servers
- Experience benchmarking website performance
- Experience in tracking conversion and usability metrics in web flows
- An idea of what a chef recipe is and may even have created one
- Experience in cross-application transaction management
- Experience in scaling data, both relational and no-SQL
Your responsibilities might include (but also probably will not be limited to):
- Development and maintenance of dynamic Django web applications
- Developing according to overarching usability and design guidelines
- Translation of high or low definition wireframes to release-ready code
- Inputting into test plans for the code you write
- Writing unit and integration tests for the code you write
- Ability to diagnose issues spanning multiple applications and servers and troubleshoot them
- Working effectively with product managers and designers, as well as brand managers and marketers
- Maintaining clean and effective tracking mechanisms for analytics frameworks
Yola, Inc. enables small businesses, non-profits and everyday users to create, manage and grow their online presence easily and with no technical knowledge. In addition to a robust, easy-to-use website builder and secure hosting services, Yola's solution offers ecommerce, social-networking, mobile and marketing capabilities. Yola has more than 9 million users and is available in six different languages. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Apply for this position
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject like "Application for Web Engineer position in San Francisco" with a resume and cover letter introducing yourself. The cover letter is important. We want to know who you are and why you are interested.
Employment agencies need not contact us.