Affiliate Marketing Basics
- Q: What is affiliate marketing?
- A: Affiliate marketing is a specialized internet marketing practice based around rewarding affiliates for driving traffic from one website to another. Generally, affiliates place links or banners on their website to send visitors or customers to the advertiser's website. Based on meeting certain criteria, the affiliate is then paid for the referrals.
- Q: What is the Yola Affiliate Program?
- A: The Yola Affiliate Program allows you to make money every time you refer a customer who purchases a product from Yola. By becoming an affiliate (also known as a publisher or referrer), you can be rewarded by placing links to our products on your website. These links will give visitors to your site an opportunity to sign up with Yola. When the customers purchase a domain using a link on your website, we pay you a commission for the sale.
- Q: What is Commission Junction?
- A: Commission Junction is one of the largest affiliate advertising networks in the world. In addition to its expertise as a market leader, the company provides tracking, reporting and monthly commission payments for the Yola Affiliate Program.
- Q: What technical skills do I need?
- A: Affiliates or someone associated with their site needs to know how to copy and paste HTML code and place it accurately within the code of a web page. You can get further technical support with the Contact Us tool provided in the Commission Junction interface.
About the Yola Affiliate Program
- Q: What Yola products can affiliates promote?
- A: Affiliates will receive commission on all Yola paid services including Domains, Private Registrations, Yola Bronze, Yola Silver, Yola Gold, Yola Online Store, Yola Premier, and Yola Mail.
- Q: How much can I earn?
- A: You get a flat fee payout of $0-$70 for each paid feature that you sell. Generally, earnings for any affiliate program varies depending on your particular website and visitors.
- Q: How do I get paid with the Yola Affiliate Program?
- A: Every time you refer a customer to us who makes a purchase, you earn a commission. You can refer customers by placing tracking links from our partner network Commission Junction on your site.
Commission Junction is a neutral third party that ensures all transactions are accurately recorded and affiliates are paid in a timely manner. Commission Junction offers both consolidated payment and direct deposit.
- Q: How do I join the Yola Affiliate Program?
- A: It's easy. All you have to do is fill out an application to join Commission Junction. Upon approval, go to the Commission Junction website and search for Yola.
After your application for the Yola Affiliate Program is approved, you will receive an e-mail with your membership information and instructions about how to get started.
If you sign up today, it takes about 2 days from when you complete the online registration form to receiving approval.
- Q: What does it cost to join the Yola Affiliate Program?
- A: Nothing - It's absolutely free to join and there's no minimum sales requirement!
- Q: Is my website or blog eligible for the Affiliate Program?
- A: Anyone can request to work with us, but we reserve the right to refuse membership to a site or revoke your membership at any time if we determine that your site contains objectionable material.
- Q: I operate more than one website. Can I still join the Affiliate Program?
- A: Yes. You can have multiple sites as a Yola Affiliate. To streamline the process, we will provide a single affiliate account that includes all of your sites. You will be able to track the progress of each of your sites separately, however you will be paid in one lump sum every month.
- Q: Are websites outside the United States eligible for the Yola Affiliate Program?
- A: Yes. We welcome and review all applications to the Yola Affiliate program from most countries.
- Q: I don't have a website or blog. Can I still apply to the Affiliate Program?
- A: No. To become a member of the Affiliate Program, you must have a website or blog that we can review.
- Q: My affiliate application was declined, but I meet all the above requirements. Who do I contact?
- A: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to tell you exactly why your application was declined and what you can do to work with us.
Sales and Commission
- Q: How are sales tracked?
- A: Sales are tracked through unique links generated by Commission Junction. The browser cookie of the purchaser must be enabled for us to track the sale.
- Q: What if your visitor doesn't purchase right away, but purchases later by going directly to Yola.com?
- A: We offer a 60 day cookie, which means you can earn a commission up to 60 days after someone clicks on your Yola ad and makes a purchase with us.
- Q: What happens if a customer returns your product?
- A: If a customer returns a product and asks for a refund or if a credit card charge is reversed due to a dispute or fraud, your account will be debited for any commission earned on that transaction.
- Q: How do I know how much commission I've earned?
- A: In Commission Junction, you will have access to reporting, including information on impressions, click-throughs, orders and commissions earned.
- Q: Who processes orders and handles customer service for Yola products I sell?
- A: We take care of all sales, order processing, and customer service issues for customers you refer to our site. All you need to do is place links on your site - we do all the rest.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to email the Affiliate Management Team at email@example.com.
- Q: Who is Netx?
- A: Netx is the leader in affiliate marketing management, and we've selected them to provide our affiliates with the best support possible. Netx offers exceptional service, expert advice, and much more. Every affiliate can benefit from their years of affiliate marketing experience.